To All ESA Members,
We have recently begun the election procedures for the next ESA Council Members. New Council members are to be elected for the next term of office starting on 1 January 2020.
The countries for which a national Council representative should be elected are:
Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, France, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kosovo, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, and Ukraine.
In addition, we would like to inform you that the term of the 2 Trainee representatives also comes to an end, thus 2 Trainee representatives to the Council shall be elected by European Trainee Members.
Active Members are eligible to apply to the Council elections for the opportunity to represent their working country within the Council.
For the 2 trainee representative positions, European ESA Trainees are eligible, regardless of their working country.
We need you! ESA members are the ones who drive the society forward with their efforts and commitment to the field of anaesthesiology. We could not do all that we do without you. We encourage your application and would be honoured to have you as a part of this council. Should you be interested in becoming more involved within the Society and would like to participate, please submit your application as outlined below.
What is involved with the Council Member position? The national representative to the ESA Council shall be responsible for contact and regular transfer of information between ESA and the ESA members of his/her country, as well as between the ESA and the national society.
The Trainee representative to the Council shall be responsible for contact and regular transfer of information between ESA and ESA Trainee members.
How to apply?
Conditions for a valid application:
- Make sure that you are a fully paid Active (or European Trainee) Member in 2019 and 2020. If you are not a member for 2019 yet, we invite you to renew your membership online.
- Send an email to officialise your candidacy and attach to it:
- 2 supporting letters from ESA Active Members from your working country, or from European ESA Trainee Members,
- Optional: you can also add a motivation letter to your application (1-page A4 max.).
NB: Your application and motivation letter (if applicable) will be shared with the Active Members of your country, and respectively with the European Trainee Members.
All documents (application with 2 support letters and motivation letter if applicable) must be sent to email@example.com by 30 Sept. 2019 midnight at the latest.
Term of office
- For new election: 3-year terms starting 1 January 2020 and ending 31 December 2022,
- For re-election: If you are re-elected after a first 3-year term, the term is 2 years starting 01 January 2020 and ending 31 December 2021.
For further information on the election procedure, please visit section 6 of the ESABylaws.
Together we represent an international community who share your commitment in the advancement of anaesthesiology and intensive care. We look forward to your continued support and we thank you for your time and consideration.