European Society of Anaesthesiology (ESA)
Susan De Bièvre
The ESA is the largest anaesthesiologist society in Europe, currently counting 33 568 members from 129 countries (*) from around the world.
The ESA interacts closely with our 38 European National Society and 10 Specialist Society members, is the European regional section of the WFSA and has established and long standing relationships with other leading anaesthesiology societies out of Europe as well as societies relevant to our speciality.
This vast network of clinicians, academics and healthcare specialists creates a huge pool of knowledge and expertise which enables the society to offer members the tools and resources to remain up-to-date on developments in their field and across anaesthesiology and intensive care, continue their education and training at all professional levels with the aim of reaching the highest stands of practice and patient care.
The annual membership fee is only €75.00 (exclusive of VAT).
To support members from low income European countries and trainees, the fee is € 40 (exclusive of VAT).
ESA Membership offers you the tools to be successful, to network with peers and colleagues from around the world, to share ideas and expand your horizons and career.
- Reduced registration fees for Euroanaesthesia 2017– provided membership is paid by 31 January 2017
- Reduced registration fees for the Focus Meeting on Perioperative Medicine
- Free hard copy of the European Journal of Anaesthesiology (impact factor 3.634)
- Free electronic access to Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology and Current Opinion in Intensive Care
- Access to the new ESA e-learning platform with many more modules and training opportunities
- Masterclasses and courses organised throughout Europe
- Research grants
- Opportunities for training and mentorship
- Participation in the Clinical Trial Network
- Voting rights at the ESA 2017 General Assembly on the society’s strategy – provided membership is paid by January 2017
Get Involved – Enrich your experience by contributing and become visible
Members have the opportunity to
- Develop clinical guidelines
- Develop educational content
Renew / join today in 3 easy steps – click here